Our History

Our School has always been a very important part of the local community over the last 100 years. The School opened on 5 November 1906 with two students due to the parents of the day not being advised of this official opening. However, by the end of November 1906, 34 students attended the Infants School called Buckland Hill. The playground was thick black sand, which made it difficult for the children to stay clean. At first there was no fence and horses, goats and poultry roamed at will around the grounds.

Local residents frequently took a 'short cut' through the school yard on their way to or from Cottesloe Beach Station. In 1919, Mosman Park Primary School formed the first Parents & Citizens' Association in the metropolitan area, which was the second in Western Australia. In the same year, the School was connected to electricity for the first time.

In 1950 the School had a student population of 550 and peaked in the following year at 562 students. Throughout its history, and like other schools in the district, Mosman Park Primary School has benefited greatly from the efforts of many dedicated teachers and a caring and supportive parent group.